Any personal data collected through this website will be treated as confidential in line with the principles of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. All images on website are owned by Edinburgh Walking Tour Company.
A cookie is a text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We will delete or anonymise all data after 12 months.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we may use your data
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have signed up to our newsletter, we will send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may enjoy. This information is collated using a third party service, Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as ‘Mailchimp’). Mailchimp will have access to and will store and process your email, but will only do so on our instructions. MailChimp helps us to track the reception of our newsletters. If you have not signed up to our newsletter, we will not disclose your personal information to Mailchimp.
- If you have signed up to our newsletter, we may use your data to tailor adverts and marketing messages to you on third party websites like Google and Facebook.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- If requested, we may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- From time to time we may provide anonymised information to our customer service agencies for research purposes so that we can monitor and improve the goods and services we provide.
Your contact information
Contact us on email@example.com
How we protect your data
All data will be deleted or anonymised after 12 months
What third parties we receive data from
We use Eventbrite, an external booking system, for our ticketing. Eventbrite will send us the following information about you from the booking made with them: name, email address, date and time of tour booked and number of people you have booked.
Edinburgh Walking Tour Company are prepared to address any requests made by our customers related to their individual rights:
- Right to be forgotten: You may terminate your account with us at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: You may opt out of inclusion of your data in any way simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to rectification: You may access and update your account settings at any. You may also contact us at any time to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you.
- Right of access: This policy describes what data we collect and how we use it. If you have specific questions about data, you can contact us for further information at any time.
- Right of portability: We will export your data to a third party at any time upon your request.